Sunday, February 1, 2009

* My Childhood Hero *

Ever since I've been little I haven't lived far from the beach and I've always had a fascination with the ocean and all the creatures it holds. My family has a beach cottage where I've spent many hours playing in the sand, crabbing, building zoos for animals, and swimming. Also, my Mom used to tell my brother and I that she was formerly a mermaid until she met my Dad. My Dad then took her out of the ocean and brought her to land where she kept her fin in the closet at our house. I believed this for quite sometime until I was old enough to realize the truth.

The Little Mermaid is definitely one of my favorites and as a child a movie that I was always watching. Ariel was my childhood hero because she was able to live underwater and interact with the fish and crabs, as a little girl I thought that was so cool. I thought that mermaids were beautiful (well I still do) and of course she had an amazing voice. I was amused by all her trinkets and her friend Sebastian. I thought that she was brave when she encountered Ursula and also that she was smart to be able to get away from her. I thought that Eric was a major hottie and she was also a rebel in my eyes. Ariel was everything that I wanted to be, afterall my Mom was a mermaid too.

No comments:

Post a Comment